Thursday 5 September 2013

Marking

I read a bunch of outlines on the bus then read again the next day and commented then arranged by best and then by related topic.  I will hand back and have students put into new groups to compare and talk about.
They wrote "how to" something and it was based on an essay on first impressions.  I grouped the essays by topic and will put the writers together next class and have them critique each others work after I tell them they were supposed to only outline the body and some major problems were not matching the headings to the how to and also other trouble.
I read, then corrected some grammar, spelling, or organisational problems.  I separated into 3 piles.  A for the best ones, B for the middle pile and C for these essays that have issues.
The floor makes a great desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment